SINGING/DRAMA/DANCE for Explorers, Creators and Researchers.
Prices for TERM 3
Singing, Drama and Music on Mondays 11.15 – 12.00 after karate $12.00 for term 2 prepaid Homeschool discount rate for 8 lessons or $15.00 casual rate. (Taught/facilitated by Concettina Gangemi – Nella Luce Studio) 3 lessons in one (singing, music and drama)
Recreational Dance Mondays with Miss Megan from Expressions Dance Academy at 9.20 – 10.05 am $12.00 when prepaid for the term (Homeschool discount rate) $15.00 casual rate (Taught/facilitated by Miss Megan from Expressions Dance Academy)
Contemporary Dance 12.10 pm – 12.55 pm(dance perspective of the Creative Arts Project which is linked with the 11.15 am Music class on a Monday) (TBC) depends on numbers interested. (not open yet)
(no lessons on the Monday public holidays)
Make, Create and Explore Your Voice through Singing, Drama and Music whilst applying and developing skills from various Key Learning Areas (e.g. English, Mathematics, Science, History, PDHPE, etc)
THEME FOR THE CREATIVE ARTS PROJECT: Peter and the Wolf
Aim: To learn together on a project with creative individuals in a fun, meaningful way while nurturing your true self. An opportunity to learn about the world around us through the creative arts and applying our creativity.
Integrating a range of key learning areas: History, English, the Creative Arts & PDHPE.
Discounted FACE TO FACE workshops for Homeschool Families
Sponsored by Concettina Gangemi – Nella Luce Studio
How can we make, create and explore music with our voice and instruments in different ways?
PROJECT BASED CREATIVE ARTS LEARNiNG which may or may not lead to a performance or presentation. It is not product based but process based learning. CG.
FOR ALL AGES
LOCATION: Expressions Dance Academy, Smeaton Grange
25/24 Anzac Ave, Smeaton Grange 2567, NSW
Studio teacher/facilitator/Director: Concettina Gangemi
Family group workshops: beginners to intermediate levels
Spaces Limited Phone: 0478 018 918
Age range: Students from 4.5 and up
(Introductory offer discounted price for homeschoolers and terms and conditions and apply to allow the group to succeed)
Prepaid fee is due in WEEK 10 of TERM 2 for term 3:
Casual basis is $15.00 @HS price per lesson per student for dancing or singing
CREATIVE DANCE FOR AUSSIE EXPLORERS AND CREATORS
Creative Dance with Expressions Dance Academy
What: Self expression from different dance styles are welcome in the Creative Dance lesson around the Australian Theme
Where: Address: 25/24 Anzac Ave, Smeaton Grange NSW 2567
Who: Family based and all can be included
Cost: Special price of $12.00 per lesson only applies to prebookings for the term. 1/2 price for toddlers for dancing.
Why: To learn together in a creative way about some Australian Subject Matter and respond to music about Australia during the lessons. The minor dance project aims to contribute to the bigger Creative Arts Project about Australia to form a Dramatic /Musical Play.
Terms and Conditions: Follow the rules set by Expressions Dance Academy teachers and read them on their website. http://www.expressionsdanceacademy.com.au/
Contact Concettina “Connie” Gangemi for bookings
Trials for dance classes are $12.00
However any donations are welcome to help support this initiative for the homeschool community. I have kept the costs as low as possible to allow this learning opportunity to begin. However if additional costs are needed especially in the purchase of music or hiring other professional assistance, or costumes or accompanists for concert work, I will let you know and we can help each other to find ways to gather funds. I am aiming for the Australian themed concert at the end of the Semester 1 and maybe a Christmas based theme at the end of the year.
(siblings under 4.5 are free if they are not ready for full commitment but under care of parents at all times to lead them in their learning – One Parent is free. Parents are included as students in their child’s fees . Children who have special needs may need their parent near by. This style of project based learning is about learners of all ages learning together as a like – minded community on a theatrical creative project. It may incorporate singing, drama, music, movement and art and craft. Depending on the project. The craft/art component may be on another day at the Eagle Vale studio Homeschool Sculpture/Visual arts/Craft.
Yearly registration for lessons by Concettina are $10.00 per per child and registration for parents is free for all creative arts courses offered by Concettina excluding the Homeschool Karate one.
COVID SAFE RULES APPLY
Concettina Gangemi (Bachelor of Education) Singer, Studio Teacher of Art, Craft, Singing, Piano, Music, Drama, Italian for Beginners via Music and Drama and Action Research Practitioner. Experienced K-6 Primary school teacher. Studied the Reggio Emilia Approach in Italy REAIE member
Some possible BENEFITS:
- It can integrate with other Key Learning Areas. Achieve selected outcomes in the NSW syllabuses through the arts.
- Work towards achieving the Music and DRAMA outcomes and explore the musical concepts (duration, tone colour, pitch, structure, dynamics where appropriate)
- A chance to apply other Key learning areas
- The family can continue learning the songs/activities at home.
- Each school age student receives a black folder
- Flexible learning environment.
- Be part of the creative process.
- Basic skill development about the voice and singing as a group.
- Connected to the NSW curriculum.
- Develop creativity and interactive skills.
- Fun & Interactive opportunities in being part of a creative arts group
- Be inspired, create, make and explore and reflect.
- Get to know some musical hits that are appropriate for the group and sone song games and other suitable songs that lead to Drama
- End of term presentation – depending on restrictions. (If we can’t sing then it will a drama focus)
- To have fun and get to know the voice as an instrument in a small group setting (these a group lessons not private lessons – private lessons are also offered)
- A chance to work collaboratively on a project.
AIM: The singing and drama creativity classes designed by Concettina – Nella Luce Studio are about combining a planned program with an improvised program. The planned work can be changed or blended with a fluid approach where the studio teacher is responding to the students. The program is flexible and students are encouraged to be spontaneous.The creative process promotes creative thinking skills e.g. solving problems. The program and or project is a work in progress and requires Concettina to be a participant and facilitator in the learning process and take notes, provide feedback, take photos or videos. (permission is asked from parents for the teacher to take photos – included in the enrolment form)
Studio teacher, Concettina Gangemi aims to nurture your true self through the small group classes from the early years. Concettina’s goal is to nurture creativity, coach in the arts and compliment the NSW educational curriculum through the arts whilst making learning fun, meaningful and authentic. The following flexible learning process facilitated by Concettina is encouraged during the workshops: Inspiration is presented, explore, create, make and reflect individually and/or as a small group or a larger group. We conclude with a formal reflection time. Scores are left in the classes but printed words will be given out where necessary.
- Be inspired, create, make and explore and reflect.
SCHEDULE (flexible plan & might be changed)
Week 1 is about getting to know the group. Setting our group goals and introducing the families to some songs, and song games. To start preparing for the Creative Arts Project.
Looking forward to making, creating and exploring with you.
Concettina ” Connie” Gangemi (o4317 266 46 email@example.com)
Some Terms and conditions listed below. A brief (10 min) zoom or face to face meeting is required to get to know you and the student(s) goals and interests:
Follow the COVID PLAN and please remain home if you are sick or have cold symptoms.
http://www.expressionsdanceacademy.com.au/ (for the dance terms and conditions)
COVID PLAN please remain home if you are sick or have cold symptoms.
If a family can’t make a scheduled lesson they might be able to have credit towards another karate lesson on a different day. If there is no other karate lesson available then you attend a music/drama or art/sculpture lesson but will have to pay the difference in price + $10.00 registration fee for the year as it is a separate business to karate. Depends on availability of spots. Otherwise there is no make up as the lessons are at a low price to consider absenteeism. All catch up lessons need to be done during the term. They are not carried over to the next term.
If any family member needs to eat they can eat their food in the waiting areas of the dance studio. NO FOOD in the dance studios, only water bottles.
- Siblings under 4.5 will need to wait in the waiting area with a parent.
Only one Dance studio is being used for these workshops all other rooms are out of bounds. The large space can be hired when the group becomes larger.
Parents are required to supervise their children at all times especially. No running at the venue unless it is part of the training program. All participants need to respect the instructions of Sempai Connie.
If there are any urgent concerns please let Connie know straight away and if they are not please contact her by phone after the training session.
Give yourself time to park as it might be busy outside.
- Follow the DOJO safety rules – e.g. we don’t use Karate to harm others only for self defence. If parents are choosing to watch their child in the dojo space please keep friendly chatter to each other soft, so the students and teacher can focus on the lesson.
Please seek permission from Connie with regards to taking photos but you can take notes about your child only to put into your own child/children’s home school program.
The families are encouraged to train at other dojos.SEE: https://karateacademy.com.au/ The tuition fees will vary but you won’t need to pay registration fee again at a different DOJO with this academy.
- No photos allowed to be taken without Concettina’s permission. There is a consent form to fill out to if you give permission for Concettina to take photos. You can take photos of your own child as long as no one else is in the picture.
- All family members can join in on the workshop – Parents and babies free.
Please study the music at home and bring any ideas to the next lesson.
- Enrolment form needs to be completed for all lessons including dance.
The conditions may change.
- Please like FB page Concettina Gangemi – Nella Luce Studio.
- Assessment and reporting is $50.00 per term per subject (optional) Assessment and reporting is offered in any of the integrated subjects in the project e.g. English, Science, Drama, Music or other. The price may vary depending on the work.
- Consultation fees are $35.00 per half hour for booked sessions regarding programming, creativity, assessment or pedagogy.
- I invite you to like Nella Luce Studio’s FB page
- On a Thursday at my home studio I do the Visual arts/sculpture/craft perspective project from 10.30- 12.00 am (integrating with selected Mathematics , English and Art outcomes or other where applicable) The art is for 8 -10 people at my home residence. If you are keen then you can go on a waiting list and I will see if I can find an appropriate venue for more students.
- Students enrolled in a course can join the private FB group.
© Concettina Gangemi – Nella Luce Studio January 2022