Aim: To develop basic techniques of Karate in a fun, meaningful way while nurturing your true self and interacting with others.
Anyone can join in the family including the parents. ACTIVE KIDS VOUCHERS ACCEPTED and can be used to pay for registration, fees and GI. Special price of $50.00 for GI and registration.(saving of $50.00).
Sempai Connie is a homeschool family and offers karate lessons face to face from Term 1 2022 Mondays and at Smeaton Grange (Expressions Dance Studio) 10.15 am – 11.00 am. $9.00 at the prepaid rate or $15.00 casual when karate has a class open for the term.
She can open a Wednesday lesson at 9.45 – 10.30 am if there are enough numbers. (special price of $15.00 if you attend both)
Dates for term 3 18/7/22 – 14/09/22
No lessons in WEEK 10
Discounted price for homeschoolers:
Normal rate is $15.00 a lesson.
Casual basis and general public is $15.00 per lesson per student.
Registration for HOMESCHOOLERS to KAJ GOJU-RYU Karate Academy is special price of $50.00 (normal price is $100.00) per person. This includes a white karate Gi and white belt. (This special offer only applies to the foundational homeschool members only) Registration for General Public to KAJ GOJU-RYU Karate Academy is $100.00 per person in the family. This includes a white karate Gi and white belt.
Registration is $35.00 for current homeschool members and $40.00 for for non homeschoolers.
This is my contribution to the Homeschool Community to help support this sharing community as my daughter is homeschooled too. Discounted term fees only apply to upfront term payments.
Come for a free trial and enrolments are accepted anytime and the price is adjusted for the weeks remaining in the term.
Sponsored by Concettina Gangemi – Nella Luce Studio (Prices kept low to support other homeschool families as I am a homeschool family and because it is a sharing community)
TIME: 10.15 – 11.00 am (Mondays)
LOCATION: Expressions Dance Academy, Smeaton Grange
25/24 Anzac Ave, Smeaton Grange 2567, NSW
After Karate you can stay back for some singing and drama at the same place or come earlier for Dancing at 9.20 with Miss Larissa from Expression Dance Academy. (3 prepaid students needed to book a teacher for the term)
Sempai: Concettina Gangemi
Family group sessions: beginners to intermediate levels
Please come for a free trial (please fill out the trial form before starting)
Phone: 0478 018 918
Age range: Students from 4.5 and up
Dress: White Karate Gi. Alternatively you can buy your own white shirt and put the karate badge on it and wear the white pants of your karate Gi with the belt. Shoes and bags are left outside the dojo room. There is a waiting room near the dojo room for parents.
Concettina Gangemi (Sempai) has achieved her Black Belt under Shihan Glenn Stephenson, Kaj Goju-Ryu Karate Academy. She is also a teacher (Bachelor of Education) Singer, Studio Teacher of Art, Craft, Singing, Piano, Music, Drama, Italian for Beginners via Music and Drama and Action Research Practitioner. Experienced K-6 Primary school teacher. Studied the Reggio Emilia Approach in Italy REAIE member
Some possible BENEFITS:
- Connie’s pedagogy aims to integrate with PDHPE, Mathematics, English, Drama and Science
- The family can also train at any number of venues throughout Australia that carry the same name (Kaj Goju-Ryu Karate Academy) . They would just have to wear a Karate Gi and pay the training fee for that Dojo. There is no need to pay another registration fee.
- Safe learning environment.
- A chance to explore an understanding of your own body. What are you capable of?
- Learn to appreciate your life journey and learn to develop and nurture your true self.
- Build self confidence and self – discipline
- Skill development from beginners to intermediate levels
- A chance to learn about self through own experience.
- Fun & Interactive opportunities with others
- Develop some of the creativity qualities such as problem solving, having a go, determination, persistence and motivation.
- Learn some karate techniques and learn basic katas.
- Students can apply for assessments and gradings. ( additional fees charged)
Concettina ” Connie” Gangemi (o4317 266 46 email@example.com)
Some Terms and conditions listed below. The whole document will be emailed
Please respect the terms and conditions of Expressions Dance Academy as per their website when using their premises. http://www.expressionsdanceacademy.com.au/
COVID PLAN please remain home if you are sick or have cold symptoms.
If a family can’t make a scheduled lesson they might be able to have credit towards another karate lesson on a different day. If there is no other karate lesson available then you can attend a music/drama or art/sculpture lesson but will have to pay the difference in price + $10.00 registration fee for the year as it is a separate business to karate. It also depends on availability of spots. Otherwise there is no make up as the lessons are at a low price to consider absenteeism. All catch up lessons need to be done during the term. They are not carried over to the next term.
If any family member needs to eat they can eat their food in the waiting areas of the dance studio. NO FOOD in the dance studios, only water bottles.
- Siblings under 4.5 will need to wait in the waiting area with a parent.
Only one Dance studio is being used for these workshops all other rooms are out of bounds. The large space can be hired when the group becomes larger.
Parents are required to supervise their children at all times especially. No running at the venue unless it is part of the training program. All participants need to respect the instructions of Sempai Connie.
If there are any urgent concerns please let Connie know straight away and if they are not please contact her by phone after the training session.
Give yourself time to park as it might be busy outside.
- Follow the DOJO safety rules – e.g. we don’t use Karate to harm others only for self defence. If parents are choosing to watch their child in the dojo space please keep friendly chatter to each other soft, so the students and teacher can focus on the lesson.
The families are encouraged to train at other dojos.SEE: https://karateacademy.com.au/ The tuition fees will vary but you won’t need to pay registration fee again at a different DOJO with this academy.
- No photos allowed to be taken without Sempai’s permission. There is a consent form to fill out to if you give permission for Sempai to take photos. However, you can take photos about your own child.
The conditions may change.
- Please like FB page Concettina Gangemi – Nella Luce Studio.
© Concettina Gangemi – Nella Luce Studio April 2022
- Please fill out the enrolment form for Karate Academy and the form by Concettina for other details and permission to take photos etc.